We love staying on boats at Beds on Board but what things to do whilst staying on a boat? We want you to get the most out of your experience too. Whether you are looking for a unique place to stay for a short break or for accommodation for your next holiday we are sure you’ll be hunting for more time rather than more things to fill your time with.
But just in case you are in need of some inspiration for your trip we put our heads together and compiled a list of things to do when you are staying on a boat.
- Read a book
- Write a letter
- Discover the stars via an app – here’s a free download app we’ve found useful
- Draw a picture
- Take photographs – be sure to share them on social media using our hashtag #anotherwaytostay
- Play cards
- Write a story
- Learn about cloud formations – here’s a link to a cloud spotting guide
- Give your partner a massage
- Do yoga
- Listen to the weather reports
- Listen to music
- Play a board game
- Write a blog post (or start a blog) – here’s some inspiration from our blog
- Watch a movie
- Have a business meeting
- Invent a new cocktail (and see how it tastes!)
- Create one pot cooking recipes (and try them out!)
- Write a postcard
- Study for an exam
- Have sex
- Take a nap
- Have a Rum tasting – the staple diet of most mariners!
- Work on your tan
- Learn a new game
- Make up a game
- Call friends and family and let them know what you are doing
- Learn about the weather – the met office is a good place to start here
- Learn how to tie knots – this site might come in useful for this one
- Go fishing
- Entertain friends
- Make a wish list of places to see
Above all … Relax
We hope that you find our list of things to do whilst staying on a boat useful and we look forward to seeing you on board soon.
Not already a member? Sign up to Beds on Board today and start searching for an alternative accommodation option to a hotel or B&B.
Do you have any tips for things to do when you stay on a boat? We’d love to hear them. Please post in the comments below…